Pages

Friday, October 19, 2018

Reasons I Homeschool: This Kind of Life

Lately my kids just want to make, create, think, read and do. Sure, they enjoy some TV here and there, but they are really turning into creative, self-driven people. I was thinking how with the freedom we have in our schedule and lifestyle, and their tendency toward making, they are becoming habituated to a kind of life that is very satisfying and purposeful and just the antithesis of passive. I have faith that this means they will never settle for a living that is dictated by others. They will either be entrepreneurs, artists, or self-directed professionals. Now that they know deep in their bones what it is to create and be curious, it will be far easier for them to recognize good work, good people, a good life. I'm feeling so thankful today.

No comments: