Pages

Monday, September 15, 2008

Time Management Quiz

When I first started my quest to create a more blissful life for myself, I started with the basics. One of the most basic elements to life is time, since time is pretty much the only given we have.

While we don't know how many days we will each ultimately have, we do know that for the days we do have, there are only 24 hours in each of them. Nothing about that will ever change.

So, the paths we take largely depend on how we choose to spend those hours. I knew early on that I was not spending them in a very constructive, efficient way. I tend to be a daydreamer, someone who is easily distracted and can be in fact quite undisciplined at times.

So I started this journey by looking at time. I did a search on the Internet (while at work, of course) for something that would help me get the most use and good out of my hours.

This is what I found.

It's a time management quiz that provides you with the questions you need to analyze what you're doing right and how you might be wasting time.

I heartily recommend taking the 5 minutes it costs you to perform an analysis that I think will end up not only saving you countless future hours, but also will teach you how to maximize them, getting you closer to your goals, to adventure, to bliss.

Good luck, and please feel free to share any insights or surprises that the quiz brings up for you.

5 comments:

erzsebet said...

I scored a 24, which is one point for every hour in the day, even when I'm sleeping! I thought this was quite good, until I read the explanation telling me this is average. While I am certain I could be more optimized,I find a bit of latitude in my daily schedule is good for my general outlook, and prevents me from over-obligating myself.

- erzsebet

erzsebet said...

I scored a 24, which is one point for every hour in the day, even when I'm sleeping! I thought this was quite good, until I read the explanation telling me this is average. While I am certain I could be more optimized,I find a bit of latitude in my daily schedule is good for my general outlook, and prevents me from over-obligating myself.

- erzsebet

erzsebet said...

Sorry for the double-post, I'm not quite sure how that happened!

-e

Anonymous said...

Hello I'd like to thank you for such a terrific made forum!
Just thought this would be a perfect way to introduce myself!

Sincerely,
Edwyn Sammy
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/kwanzaa-party-supplies.html]kwanzaa Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike