Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Greatest Gift

This will be a quick, getting-back-into-the-swing-of-things post. I got a little out of the habit of blogging with all the traveling and holidays and catching up with work once I got back, but I've missed you all, and I'm ready to start blogging again.

I hope you all had a lovely New Year, though I don't mean the party or the champagne or the rockin' eve. I hope that as the morning broke on the new year that you felt excited, happy, blessed, thankful for the adventure that lies ahead. I hope that you took a moment to get quiet and note the passage of time.

Over the holiday break, a man I greatly respected at my former workplace passed away suddenly, and too young. He had said in a speech he gave a few years ago that he believed that the greatest gift God gives to us is time. His sudden death reminded me of his belief, and it reinforced the notion that it is our responsibility to God (and to the divine, enlightened part of ourselves) to not waste that time in work and in lives that are not authentic and honest and good.

So Happy New Year to you all--may we all spend it wisely and in the company of good friends and family.

1 comment:

erzsebet said...

Tiffany,

I am sorry for the sudden loss of your friend. To appreciate the gift of life, one must grasp the inherent urgency of finite time. Your friend's belief reminds me of a comment I recently read in Sylvia Plath's Unabridged Journals: A Life is Passing. My Life!

Here's to filling 2008 with time spent with friends, family, and in the pursuit of bliss!

Welcome back to the-swing-of-things,

erzsebet