Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Why You Should Cultivate Patience

You know what they always say about things happening when you least expect it? 1) Why does it work that way? It's hardly ideal. 2) There must be something to that whole getting out of your own way thing.

As you may have gathered, I've been working on getting closer to the professional life I should be living, but had been running up against wall after wall.

But, slow and steady, I've been persevering, trying to keep forward momentum. One step at a time. Bird by bird. Then, when I least expected it, I got some very good news. I'll remain purposely vague for now, since there is some reason to be circumspect, but I will say this: I am now a little bit closer to living the life I am meant for since the last time you heard from me.

Good for you, I can hear you saying. But what about me? When will it be my turn? All I know is that the more you can keep hope alive, keep faith that so long as you are engaging your gifts and staying focused on your goals, it will happen. You won't expect it. That just seems to be the nature of the way it works.

I wonder if this is some kind of cosmic lesson about patience and surprise. They seem to be two sides of the same coin--endless waiting and then the suddenness of creation, of something coming into being from nothing. I suppose this is kind of the point of Genesis (no, not that Genesis), and other creation myths.

It's a fascinating, frustrating, fickle mystery, that's for sure. But since that seems to be the way of things, I may as well embrace it. You may as well embrace it too. Keep moving forward, keep climbing the brick wall. You won't know when you'll succeed, but as sure as we are beings from nothingness, you will succeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy for you, Tiffany!

-Erzsebet